- When is Spark!Fishers 2019?
Spark!Fishers 2019 will take place on Friday, June 28 and Saturday, June 29. In the event of inclement weather, Saturday’s festivities (except the 5K) will move to Sunday, June 30.
- Where does the festival take place?
The festival will be located in the heart of downtown Fishers around the Municipal Complex.
- Is there a cost to attend the event?
There is no admission fee for Spark!Fishers, however there will be food and other items available for purchase at the event.
- Will the festival be the same as last year?
The general elements of the festival and events will be the same. However, we are making changes to some of the logistical elements based on feedback from last year’s event. For example, we’re tweaking road closures and parking areas to better accommodate our residents, looking at having a staggered street festival with different areas opening at different times, and adding a smaller street fair during the Friday evening concert, which will take place in our newly renovated Nickel Plate District Amphitheater. Stay tuned for details!
- When is the 5K?
The 5K will take place on Saturday, June 29 at 8 a.m. A Half K Fun Run for Kids will precede the race at 7:30 a.m.
- When can I register?
Registration is now open! Adults and children can register here.
- What is the route for this year’s race?
The 5K will begin on 116th Street in front of the Municipal Complex and travel through Sunblest, down Lantern Road, and back to Municipal Drive. View the race route here.
- How much does it cost to participate?
The cost is $30 for adults (12 years and older) and $20 for children under 12. It is $10 for the Half K Fun Run for Kids.
- Is it open to all ages, and are there any requirements to participate?
All ages and abilities are welcome to participate!
- When is the street festival during Spark!Fishers?
There are several different street festivals during Spark!Fishers. A smaller festival will be held Friday night in conjunction with the concert at the Nickel Plate District Amphitheater. On Saturday, a street fair will be in place in various locations from 8 a.m. until 10 p.m., with breaks throughout the day and opportunities for vendors to be onsite for shifts as short as 4 hours. Please indicate your availability on the application and we will be in touch with details.
- Do I have to be open during the entire festival? How long do I need to be onsite?
No, vendors will have the option to select from various timeslots, including Friday night, Saturday morning, and Saturday afternoon and evening.
- Do I need to sell goods to be a vendor?
No, vendors can also share information about their business, or provide games or entertainment for guests. We highly suggest doing more than simply passing out fliers, as booths that provide entertainment or giveaways are more likely to be engaged with by festival goers.
- The application doesn’t require payment. When do I pay for my booth?
Payment will be collected when selections are made.
- What equipment is included with my vendor booth?
All vendors will be provided with a 10×10 tented booth space, unless providing your own food truck.
- Are all vendor booths outdoors?
Yes, there are no indoor vendor opportunities. Tents will be provided.
- Can my business also participate in the parade?
Yes! Vendors participating in the street fair can participate in the parade for free. Please indicate your interest in both opportunities on the application form and someone will be in touch to help you coordinate.
- What sort of entertainment can I provide during the festival?
We are looking for local entertainers to perform musical and dance acts, conduct demonstrations, or host an experience such as a zip line, dunk tank, or activity in the Kid Zone that showcases the vibrancy of and pride for the City of Fishers. Fill out the application to indicate your interest and someone will be in touch to discuss options.
- Is there a cost to perform?
No, there is no cost to perform. Performers will be evaluated and selected by the Spark!Fishers Entertainment Committee and compensated for their services based on their individual rate.
- What are the time slots for entertainers?
We are still working out the schedule, but slots are available on Friday evening and throughout the day on Saturday. Please indicate on your application your availability for the weekend.
- When is the parade?
The parade will be take place on Saturday, June 29 at 7 p.m.
- How can I participate in the parade?
Applications are available for nonprofit organizations, businesses, individuals, teams. Sign up here. Applications are due April 1.
- What’s the parade route, and how many miles is it?
The parade begins at the corner of Lantern Road and Commercial Drive (near Meyer Najem) and will end at Holland Park. The total route is 1.6 miles.
- We’re a not-for-profit organization. Do we have to pay to participate?
Not-for-profit organizations are free and should request entry fee sponsorship by contacting email@example.com.
- Do I have to make a float to participate in the parade?
No, we are also recruiting participants to walk in the parade (carrying banners, handing out candy, etc.).
- I’ve never made a float. Where do I even start?
We’re here to help! Here is great resources to get you started.
- What volunteer opportunities are available?
There are a variety of volunteer opportunities available, including shifts on Friday night, Saturday morning, Saturday afternoon, and Saturday evening.
- How long is my required volunteer shift?
We are happy to have your support for as long as you can provide it, but do ask that you commit to at least four hours.
- How can I see what shifts are available?
Shifts will be available in early 2019. Prospective volunteers will be able to view available shifts through Fishers Parks & Recreation’s volunteer system, Volgistics, after their volunteer application is processed.
- Can I volunteer with a group?
Yes! Please indicate that you plan to volunteer as a group on your application and we’ll be in touch.
- How do I apply to volunteer?
Complete a volunteer application to apply for Spark!Fishers volunteer opportunities.
- When is the deadline to sign up to volunteer?
Volunteer applications are due no later than June 24.
- Is training required?
We ask that all volunteers attend one of two volunteer training sessions, which will be announced in spring 2019.
- What are the benefits of volunteering?
Volunteers receive a volunteer shirt; various goodies; the opportunity to build an event with a gigantic, energetic team; and an unforgettable experience in helping bring the community together.
- What sponsorship opportunities are available?
There are a variety of sponsorship levels available. Check out the 2019 Sponsorship Opportunities for more information.