Complete an application to be a participant in the Spark!Fishers Parade!
Spark!Fishers Parade Info
The Inaugural Spark!Fishers Parade will be held on Saturday, June 30th at 7 p.m. and will tell the story of Fishers from inception to present day with an ongoing theme of illumination and the spark of ingenuity. In keeping with the parade theme, participants will share the way they help make Fishers the vibrant community it is today with their creative floats and entries.
Entry into the parade is limited and will be appropriated based on creativity, entertainment value, and adherence to the theme as outlined in the application process. Those wanting to participate should provide entertainment value within their unit and must utilize illumination or lighting to symbolize the Spark!Fishers theme. Floats will be given priority in the entry process.
Confirmation of your participation and detailed instructions will be emailed on or around May 1 to the address indicated on your registration form.
Parade entry fee is $200 per parade unit. Not-for-profits may request entry fee sponsorship by contacting the Parade Committee by email. Payment is due upon acceptance to the Parade. Parade Fee payment may be made by check or credit card payable to City of Fishers. Once accepted, organizations must submit payment by June 1 in order to confirm reservation. Failure to submit payment, will result in loss of parade reservation. Parade fees are non-refundable once paid.
The safety of participants, spectators, volunteers, and City of Fishers employees is a priority. By accepting terms and conditions, you commit to adhering to the parade safety policies and take responsibility for managing and instructing participants in your group. Violation of a parade policy can result in removal from the Parade, ineligibility for parade awards and exclusion from the parade in future years.
Parade Safety Policies
- Absolutely no throwing of candy or items of any kind from float or vehicles. Violators are subject to having their items confiscated or removed from the parade.
- Candy and other items can only be distributed by individuals who are designated to walk along the parade route and must be handed to spectators.
- Adults are required to walk with youth on both sides of moving vehicles or floats for safety and supervision. Parade participants should not dangle their feet or jump on and off the sides of floats.
- All parade drivers must provide proof of a valid driver’s license.
- All parade vehicles must provide proof of current automobile insurance. Any vehicle not insured will not be allowed to participate in the parade.
- Trampolines are prohibited from the parade.
- The overall length of the transporting vehicle and float should not exceed 65 feet in length. All floats should have a skirt to cover wheels within the bounds of safety.
- Vehicles wrapped with advertising are only acceptable if they are pulling a float.
- Any request made by a Spark!Fishers representative, either in the parade staging area or on the parade route, must be acknowledged and obeyed. Refusal to obey requests will result in the removal of the parade unit.