New this year during Spark!Fishers, we will transform the Fishers City Hall Auditorium into Veterans’ Hall to celebrate our local heroes. We are currently seeking veterans who are interested in showcasing their military memorabilia, and/or their artistic talents through hands-on activities and demonstrations. You are NOT required to stay for the entire Spark!Fishers event to participate.
Please submit your interest and hours of availability to email@example.com or 317-567-8568.
These objects tell compelling stories and history to be shared and celebrated. Memorabilia can include any and all aspects of military life including:
- Uniforms including rank insignia, buttons, lapel pins, medals and ribbons, et
- Shadow Box
- Hats and helmets
- Equipment (compass, binoculars, canteen, etc.)
- Books and training manuals
- Photographs when in service
- Identity badges and papers
- Certificates of completed training
- Letters and post cards, postage stamps
- Invitations and programs to official military functions
Demonstrations and Hands-on Activities:
If you are interested in applying your talent towards celebrating our nation’s birthday with a live demonstration during the event, we would love to showcase your artistry! If you can demonstrate a form of art, we want to hear from you. Ideas of performance art or other visual artistry are, but not limited to:
- Jewelry making